-->
skip to main | skip to sidebar

Saturday 12 July 2008

Plots and Misadventures

Thanks to Ellen Datlow for the heads-up this morning, telling me that my second book of short stories has been nominated in the Fiction Collection category of the IHG Awards.

"The International Horror Guild Awards have been presented annually since 1995. Based on public recommendations, the juried awards recognize outstanding achievements in the field of Horror and Dark Fantasy. Nominations are derived from recommendations made by the public and the judges' knowledge of the field. This year's awards will be presented Friday evening, October 31, 2008 in an online presentation via its Web site."

I won't get my hopes up - it's a strong field with nominees that include Joe Lansdale and Lucius Shepard. But I'll bask in the sunshine for as long as it lasts.

2 comments:

Gail Renard said...

Congratulations on your nomination and I hope you win! I find bribing judges invaluable.

Anonymous said...

Grats Steve!